Tuesday 19 July 2011

Online networks

Although I joined LinkedIn several months ago my account had lain dormant until CPD23 Things brought it back into my focus.  I just hadn't spent the time on it, but now, after having read Sharlyn Lauby's excellent article, which prompted me to have a good look around the LinkedIn site, I am more aware of its true value.  Finding time to work on my profile will be a priority, but I also started thinking about connections, and sent out a few invites while I was looking around the site. 
Because one can only do so much online, and still have a life, I will concentrate my professional efforts on LinkedIn and leave Facebook, at this stage.  However I am very interested in investigating how libraries are using Facebook, as I can see the potential there.
I have an interest in training, and have completed a Certificate in Adult Teaching, so the Librarians As Teachers site caught my attention.  The site is obviously in its infancy, but already has some useful links.  And it will be good to network with others interested in the same field - which is what this online networking is all about after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment