Thursday 28 July 2011

An Evernote convert

I got very excited as I started looking at Evernote, as I can see it has huge potential for me, by the sheer fact that you can access the content you put in it from any computer, as long as Evernote is downloaded on it.  I had often been frustrated by having information in a "Favourite" folder in one computer, and not on another.  And then if you no longer have access to that computer, you've lost that information unless you've taken the time to transfer it. 
[As I type this I am thinking that this could potentially be very useful on public library reference desks, to allow staff to share information e.g. "this is a good site to answer x question", but that's sidetracking.] Anyway I started using Evernote straight away, both for work and for personal material.  It's just so reassuring to know that I can get to the information in my notebooks as long as I have access to a computer.  When I leave this job in December, and return to Dunedin I will still have access, and I won't have to do a thing about transferring - what bliss.
I also love the fact that you can have different notebooks, and tag items.  That really appeals to my need to order and categorise things.  No wonder I'm a librarian.


Excuse the random picture, but I have restrained from putting a cat in this blog for 9 Things now, plus it is a good excuse to practise adding images to the site.

1 comment:

  1. I can see no end of possibilities for evernote. I think it's brilliant.

    As for the cat picture, I love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete