Thursday 15 September 2011

What I've done with what I've learnt

What an interesting exercise it was to look at the list of everything that's been covered over the last few months, and to consider what has been incorporated into my everyday life.  My list includes:
  • RSS feeds -  I just love the fact that these are sitting in Google Reader, just waiting for me to come along and read them.  No more remembering to revisit numerous sites to see if something new has been added.
  • Evernote - Another tool that has made my life so much easier.  The fact that I can access the content that I've dropped into Evernote from both my home and work computers is just brilliant.
  • Google Documents - Again, being able to work on something regardless of what computer you're sitting at has just the whole task so much more efficient.
  • Jing - can screen capturing be any easier?  I am currently working on a PowerPoint presentation, and Jing is proving invaluable.  When I think of the fiddle I went through in putting together previous presenations involving screen shots I just cringe.
So, as you can tell, I'm very pleased to have been exposed to these tools, and have embraced them.

Two that are sitting in the wings are LinkedIn and Google Calendar.  I can see their potential, but just haven't got round to doing anything more than setting them up.

And one tool I'm not sure about is this blog.  It's fine when I have a purpose, like recording my thoughts about the different Things as part of this training, but I'm diffident about its long term prospects.  I'd be sorry to loose touch with the few people I've been "following" but I'm not yet convinced a blog is the tool to be using to progress the relationships. 



No comments:

Post a Comment