Wednesday 21 September 2011

Rave about Prezi

The timing for Thing 17 couldn't have been better.  I'd been asked to give a presentation on one of our databases, at a venue which wasn't going to allow for an online demonstration, so I was going to fall back on a good old PowerPoint.  Then along comes the blog entry on Prezi.  I was very excited, and went to work straight away.  As Ange says "there's no better way to get a grip on Prezi than to get your hands dirty".  I'm happy to report that it really is that easy, and even my basic effort looks very impressive.  I can't wait to try out one on a subject which will allow for a bit more creativity.  So once again, thanks cpd23 Things for bringing another remarkable, useful tool to my attention.

I'd come across Slideshare before, and agree there's some good material there.  I do think that if people are going to place their material there though, they should make sure that their slides show enough to make the message evident.  They have to remember that the speaker isn't there to elaborate.  I've gone through some presentations and wondered just what the speaker would have been saying when showing particular slides.  It's a real turnoff if you get several slides in a row like that.

Only 3 more weeks left of this programme - where has the time gone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment