Monday 12 September 2011

Seeing and hearing online

2 more wonderful tools to explore and play with - thank you cpd23 Things.  I had fun playing around with Jing, and look forward to putting it to some practical use in the future.  Dunedin Public Libraries, where I worked previously, has already moved into capturing screenshots and presenting them online as short videos.  This example is for Health & Wellness database, using Camtasia.  At the moment you can locate the clips through Youtube, but ideally they should be placed on the library website itself.
Podcasting is not something I have done myself, and will hold off doing so until I have a reason to do it as time is precious and I have other things I want to achieve, but I have listened to podcasts.  They are great for catching up on that interesting radio interview you missed or have only just heard about.  Again, Dunedin Public Libraries makes podcasts of its weekly radio show, so you can listen at your leisure.

No comments:

Post a Comment